Wednesday, May 1, 2013

May Day!

You can usually tell what season it is by looking at the footwear by the bench near my front door. It’s the best place to sit when I put something on my feet before I go outside. 

Right now, there is quite a collection. I have one pair of everyday shoes to wear with jeans, one pair of nice shoes to wear with slacks, two pairs of sandals (one grungy, one nice), and one pair of boots for snow. 

Think about it-- Sandals and boots. 

It is the first day of May 2013. And today -- here in Loveland, Colorado -- the earth, the trees, the lawns, the streets, the sidewalks, and the barely blooming tulips are – all of them – covered with several inches of soft, wet, gloppy snow. 

According to Wikipedia, Mayday is an emergency procedure word used internationally as a distress signal in voice procedure radio communications. It derives from the French venez m'aider, meaning "come help me". 

Mayday indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment