Monday, August 1, 2016

New Bed

About a year or so after my mom died, I received a small bequest. At the time I needed two things: a new bed and a new car. Mom’s money made possible both a brand new 1998 Toyota Celica in ‘Renaissance Red’ and a queen-size brass sleigh bed. Both were amazingly sexy. Mom would have been delighted.


A couple of years ago I traded my bright red car, which I had named Esmeralda, for a Subaru Crosstrek in a decorous burgundy. I call it Sam. Snow does not deter its rugged energy. It’s a good looking, practical car. 

Now the skeleton of my great brass bed leans against the west wall of my garage, awaiting a buyer from Craigslist. In its stead, I have a white wooden platform bed. Significantly smaller than its predecessor, the new bed’s headboard is now against the north wall --- where I believe the feng shui is better – and where my brass headboard could not fit because of the slant of my bungalow’s ceiling.


My whole bedroom is open and airy. I like it. Herbie my cat likes it. And the new bed is lower, making ascent/descent easier. It’s a little more boring, more practical. But it’s still a double bed. The likelihood of nocturnal non-feline company for a septuagenarian with overabundant anatomy is not high, but you never know. 

Mom would have been pleased.

3 comments:

  1. The brass bed was a nice addition to any room, but the platform bed is definitely more functional. I hate beds that are too high up off of the ground because of the difficulty of getting in and out. I think the airiness of the room must have a great feel and it would make me happy. My bedroom is too cluttered with an excess of unneeded furniture, so you've given me some things to think about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your own ideas tend to be amazing. We frequently study your site and it is very useful.
    Fabric Bed Frame ireland

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your site is actually awe-inspiring. I've discovered numerous brand new points. The right path associated with setting up can also be intriguing. You've chosen really amazing subject. We valued this.
    Bunk Beds For Kids online uk

    ReplyDelete